The growing reach of email and expansion of job-related web resources has dramatically changed the landscape of how job seekers connect with employers. Email messages, resume attachments in various formats; on-line applications have all changed the format and speed of those interactions. Do you still need a formal cover letter in the age of 15-second assessments and applicant tracking systems?
A good cover letter should be a polished document that markets you as the best candidate for the job. It makes the first impression with a potential employer and yet, many applicants make a big cover letter mistake in the very first line. It’s a simply fixed error that finds applications thrown in the bin every day.
- COVID-19 – Getting Back to Work June 15, 2020
- Updating Your Resume During COVID-19 is an Essential Job May 18, 2020
- Improving Your Chances of Working With the Australian Border Force May 11, 2020
- How to Improve Your Chances of Working With the ATO May 4, 2020
- What is JobKeeper and How Can You Access it? April 27, 2020
- COVID-19 and What it Means to the Australian Workforce April 20, 2020
- How to Be Productive Working from Home – Part Two April 13, 2020
- How to Be Productive Working from Home – Part One April 6, 2020
- How to Embrace Change in the Workplace March 30, 2020
- Is Your Lack of Self-Confidence Holding You Back at Work? March 23, 2020
Stay in the Know!
Join our mailing list to receive our latest articles on all things career related.