The growing reach of email and expansion of job-related web resources has dramatically changed the landscape of how job seekers connect with employers. Email messages, resume attachments in various formats; on-line applications have all changed the format and speed of those interactions. Do you still need a formal cover letter in the age of 15-second assessments and applicant tracking systems?
A good cover letter should be a polished document that markets you as the best candidate for the job. It makes the first impression with a potential employer and yet, many applicants make a big cover letter mistake in the very first line. It’s a simply fixed error that finds applications thrown in the bin every day.
- How to Be Productive Working from Home – Part Two April 6, 2020
- Where Are All The Teaching Jobs? March 30, 2020
- How to Be Productive Working from Home – Part One March 30, 2020
- Is Your Lack of Self-Confidence Holding You Back at Work? March 23, 2020
- How to Beat “Overqualified for the Job” Syndrome March 16, 2020
- Are You Mentally Prepared For Your Job Search? – Part Two March 9, 2020
- Are You Mentally Prepared For Your Job Search? – Part One March 2, 2020
- How to Navigate the Office Romance February 24, 2020
- Are Renewable Energy Jobs the Way Forward? February 17, 2020
- Are Standing Desks the Big Thing for 2020? February 10, 2020
Stay in the Know!
Join our mailing list to receive our latest articles on all things career related.