Is your resume up-to-date? If you have been fortunately employed at the same job for several years, there is a very good chance your resume has been gathering virtual cobwebs. And you are certainly not alone.
If your resume is not working, no one will tell you. Nobody is going to ring you or email you to say “It’s not you, you’re awesome, it’s your resume that that’s letting you down.” The fact is they will simply ignore your resume, or you will get the standard ‘on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful’ letter.
Very few people take great notice or care about typefaces and fonts. Even more so on resumes where we here at Select resumes have seen some real car crashes of Comic Sans, Arial and Courier Bold – all in one document! But the font one chooses – especially in a resume – is of vital importance. And a look at the history of the font is a good introduction as to why.
- How to Be Productive Working from Home – Part Two April 6, 2020
- Where Are All The Teaching Jobs? March 30, 2020
- How to Be Productive Working from Home – Part One March 30, 2020
- Is Your Lack of Self-Confidence Holding You Back at Work? March 23, 2020
- How to Beat “Overqualified for the Job” Syndrome March 16, 2020
- Are You Mentally Prepared For Your Job Search? – Part Two March 9, 2020
- Are You Mentally Prepared For Your Job Search? – Part One March 2, 2020
- How to Navigate the Office Romance February 24, 2020
- Are Renewable Energy Jobs the Way Forward? February 17, 2020
- Are Standing Desks the Big Thing for 2020? February 10, 2020
Stay in the Know!
Join our mailing list to receive our latest articles on all things career related.