If your resume is not working, no one will tell you. Nobody is going to ring you or email you to say “It’s not you, you’re awesome, it’s your resume that that’s letting you down.” The fact is they will simply ignore your resume, or you will get the standard ‘on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful’ letter.
Very few people take great notice or care about typefaces and fonts. Even more so on resumes where we here at Select resumes have seen some real car crashes of Comic Sans, Arial and Courier Bold – all in one document! But the font one chooses – especially in a resume – is of vital importance. And a look at the history of the font is a good introduction as to why.
- How to Successfully Navigate a Career Change June 10, 2019
- Questions Interviewers Can’t Ask June 4, 2019
- Graduate Nursing Programs – Finding the Right One June 1, 2019
- Working Longer Hours Does Not Make You More Productive May 30, 2019
- Why Your Resume is Not Working May 27, 2019
- Is Job Security a Myth? May 21, 2019
- What are The Qualities Employers Look For? May 16, 2019
- Make Your Resume Stand Out with Key Achievements May 14, 2019
- What Not to Say in an Interview May 9, 2019
- Some Reasons Why You Are Not Getting an Interview May 7, 2019
Stay in the Know!
Join our mailing list to receive our latest articles on all things career related.