If your resume is not working, no one will tell you. Nobody is going to ring you or email you to say “It’s not you, you’re awesome, it’s your resume that that’s letting you down.” The fact is they will simply ignore your resume, or you will get the standard ‘on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful’ letter.
Very few people take great notice or care about typefaces and fonts. Even more so on resumes where we here at Select resumes have seen some real car crashes of Comic Sans, Arial and Courier Bold – all in one document! But the font one chooses – especially in a resume – is of vital importance. And a look at the history of the font is a good introduction as to why.
- How Much Self-Discipline Do You Have at Work? September 9, 2019
- How to Make a Good Impression in Your New Job September 2, 2019
- One Cover Letter Mistake You’re Probably Making August 27, 2019
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your LinkedIn Profile? August 15, 2019
- Is Your Management Style Inspiring or Off-Putting? August 5, 2019
- Should You Wait For Your Dream Job? July 30, 2019
- How to Quit Your Job the Right Way July 23, 2019
- Should You Quit Your Job Before Finding a New One? July 17, 2019
- How to Learn from Mistakes at Work July 16, 2019
- How to Secure The Promotion You Deserve July 8, 2019
Stay in the Know!
Join our mailing list to receive our latest articles on all things career related.