It is the season of New Year’s Resolutions. Regardless of whether you skipped or staggered across the 2019 finish line, we all have an opportunity to set new goals for 2020. This is the perfect moment to start or restart moving your career in the right direction. Whether a pay rise, promotion, or a new job are among your career-based resolutions, the following tips may serve as useful in your quest to make 2020 the year for your career!
Health and Wellbeing
Whether mental health days are seen as an added incentive to workers by employers identifying a need to be seen as an attractive proposition to employees, or recognising that the need for change around workplace mental health has been long overdue, the mental health day is here to stay.
Well, according to Elon Musk, the difference between a ‘manageable’ work schedule and an ‘insane’ one is somewhere between 80 and 120 hours of work per week. “There were times when, some weeks … I haven’t counted exactly, but I would just sort of sleep for a few hours, work, sleep for a few hours, work, seven days a week. Some of those days must have been 120 hours or something nutty.”
- New Year’s Career-Based Resolutions That Work January 20, 2020
- Australian Careers Outlook for 2020 – Part Two January 13, 2020
- Australian Careers Outlook for 2020 – Part One January 6, 2020
- Happy New Year, Happy New Career December 30, 2019
- Why Christmas Isn’t the Season to Slow Down Your Job Search December 23, 2019
- Why You Need to Keep Your Resume Up-to-Date December 16, 2019
- How to Write a Great First Resume December 9, 2019
- Are You the One Blocking Your Own Success? December 2, 2019
- How to Find Work When Unemployed – Part Two November 25, 2019
- How to Find Work When Unemployed – Part One November 18, 2019
Stay in the Know!
Join our mailing list to receive our latest articles on all things career related.