Nurse Unit Manager Resume and Key Selection Criteria
Using the notes from our consultation and the details provided within the position description, I was able to enormously increase the focus of the resume to reflect her new skills and address the needs of the NUM role.
The key selection criteria questions needed to be addressed in the form of a 2-page cover letter and cover the following points:
- Working experience within a similar pathology | health sector in a Public or Private setting
- Demonstrated commitment to a customer-focused service delivery
- Knowledge of the professional standards applicable to working in a public health service
- Demonstrated commitment to Quality system improvements, patient safety and risk management
- Management experience in a team environment
Working with the client, I was able to get a detailed, specific example that addressed the criteria based upon her own experiences and using the STAR format to help her focus on pertinent and measurable examples.
The client was extremely pleased with the outcome, stating that “the resume is flowing nicely now and I feel it’s much more reflective of my current skill set. That’s a massive improvement.”