HSIE Secondary School Teacher – Selection Criteria
The client had worked with our team earlier in their career, so had a good understanding of what to expect in regards to the completion of a secondary school teacher selection criteria. The role the client was applying for was pitched at a senior teacher, thus had a focus not only on teaching abilities but also the ability to lead and design comprehensive effective curriculum programs, in addition to a VET component. The application required that the client address five Selection Criteria, as follows:
- Approval to teach Business Studies.
- Approval to teach or preparedness to undertake VET teacher training in VRO Retail Services – Operations providing the qualification entry benchmark is met.
- Ability to implement quality teaching and assessment practices to engage and accommodate students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively across the school community.
- Ability to integrate technology into effective classroom practice.
Understanding the complexity of teaching applications, I worked with the client to not only tease out multiple, strong examples against each of the criteria but also to gain a deep understanding of their drivers as an educator. This allowed me to form the basis for an introduction and conclusion that successfully reflected how the client’s expertise and experience aligned with the requirements of the role, in addition to the broader school ethos. Thus, I was able to produce a document that outlined the client’s extensive skills and experience, and how they would benefit the school.
Category: Selection Criteria Writing