Graduate Nurse (NSW Health)
An experienced enrolled nurse in acute geriatric medicine, my client recently graduated as a Registered Nurse and wished to utilise and develop their skills through NSW Health’s Nursing and Midwifery Midstart training program. In addition to a resume and cover letter, the online application process required response to the following selection criteria, keeping to a strict 150 word limit per criteria point:
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of the midwife within a primary healthcare framework.
2. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the requirements of the midwifery training program, including Continuity of Care experience.
3. Demonstrated high level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills that support effective collaboration across the interdisciplinary team.
4. Demonstrated clinical problem-solving abilities.
5. Demonstrated understanding of NSW Health CORE Values –Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment in providing quality care to women and their babies.
6. Demonstrated understanding of the role of the midwife in applying work health & safety, infection control and quality improvement principles.
To create strong examples where every word counts, I wrote using the Situation, Actions, Outcome (SAO) format – a shortened version of Situation, Tasks, Actions, Results (STAR).
Working with my client to draw out their exceptional experience in patient care, and uncovering their primary motivation in our consultation, I have prepared personalised application documents that will stand-out in the recruitment process.