In this case, the client was well qualified and suited to the role they were wanting to apply for, but they were unsure how to encompass and express their attributes, suitability and professional development within only a two-page resume. To help get to know the client better, I first talked about her goals, where she would like to see her self and why she had a passion for accounting. This enabled me to capture her personality within the resume and highlight her direction in relation to her skills and in line with the requirements of the advertised position. Some of the key qualities that the advertised role was prioritising were as follows:
- Knowledgeable in Accounting Standards and other Financial and Statutory Reporting requirements
- Excellent communication (both written & verbal) and strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Great team player with the ability to adapt to new requirements
- Strong Excel and Word skills and SAP or other ERP system knowledge
- Preferably CA/CPA candidate or have an accounting degree
- Proactive, hardworking and great attitude with a proven ability to think outside the box
To ensure we addressed these points I incorporated the client’s ‘Key Skills’ together with her ‘Professional Profile’ to ensure we could include all that was important for the role and the client into two pages. Additionally, I made sure we kept any repetition to a minimum where job descriptions were concerned, making room to still include any important professional development and relevant education. Overall, the outcome was a concise and to the point document that the client was completely satisfied with.
Written by Kristie Moore.
Category: Resume Writing