Australia’s GDP is continuing to dependent upon fossil fuels, and we are world leaders in coal, and iron ore mining. However, Australia is also becoming more aware and more innovative where it comes to renewable energy and the jobs it can create.
Over the past few years, the appearance of the standing desk in the workplace has proliferated. Standing desks have the ability to reduce tiredness among workers and boost productivity. The standing desk could poin the way to a healtheir workplace in 2020.
The growing reach of email and expansion of job-related web resources has dramatically changed the landscape of how job seekers connect with employers. Email messages, resume attachments in various formats; on-line applications have all changed the format and speed of those interactions. Do you still need a formal cover letter in the age of 15-second assessments and applicant tracking systems?
The advent of new technology has transformed our lives in ways we can barely comprehend, and at the same time, in ways we take completely for granted. Your humble laptop desktop PC or Mac is a tool so powerful it would be unfathomable barely a generation ago. But is it all too much technology? Do you feel that you are in charge of the technological marvels at your fingertips, or do you have a sneaking suspicion that technology controls you?
It is the season of New Year’s Resolutions. Regardless of whether you skipped or staggered across the 2019 finish line, we all have an opportunity to set new goals for 2020. This is the perfect moment to start or restart moving your career in the right direction. Whether a pay rise, promotion, or a new job are among your career-based resolutions, the following tips may serve as useful in your quest to make 2020 the year for your career!
As 2019 winds down and another new year is upon us, people’s thoughts turn to fresh starts, and that includes a new job or even a new career. But what does 2020 hold for job seekers? Where the growth areas? What industries are declining? Where is the best place to be practising your particular trade?
- Are Renewable Energy Jobs the Way Forward? February 17, 2020
- Are Standing Desks the Big Thing for 2020? February 10, 2020
- Do You Really Need a Cover Letter? February 3, 2020
- Does Technology Control You, Or Do You Control It? January 28, 2020
- New Year’s Career-Based Resolutions That Work January 20, 2020
- Australian Careers Outlook for 2020 – Part Two January 13, 2020
- Australian Careers Outlook for 2020 – Part One January 6, 2020
- Happy New Year, Happy New Career December 30, 2019
- Why Christmas Isn’t the Season to Slow Down Your Job Search December 23, 2019
- Why You Need to Keep Your Resume Up-to-Date December 16, 2019
Stay in the Know!
Join our mailing list to receive our latest articles on all things career related.